- 1 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/07(金) 10:27:33 ID:6ua7kZG/
Hello everyone!~ I'm John from Canada, currently in Gr.11, and studying japanese in school. I love it~~ it's very hard but interesting!
So now that I have a deep desire to visit japan sometimes in the summer vacations. Our school already arranged a trip to japan in the Springbreaks, but due to some reasons I missed it... T_T so now I'm on my own.
I plan to stay in Japan for 1 month before I goto China, so does anyone have any suggestions in regards to where I should go for the most fun in summer??? Do you guys have any tips to offer for traveling in Japan? Please reply~ 助けください!!
- 2 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 10:31:26 ID:0SnRKc6N
- GAN GARE !!
- 3 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 10:31:32 ID:s9zYuvdW
You don't have to go China.
- 4 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/07(金) 10:42:32 ID:6ua7kZG/
- why not? I think China has many great vacation places as well!! I'll go see the Great Walls, the Biggest Dam in the world, and the mysterious forbiden city. but this is a whole other story. haha
Where should I go?? I think Japan can offer the most fun in summertimes~~
- 5 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 10:46:31 ID:2qj5US05
If you went to Japan by school trip, where were they go?
- 6 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 10:51:14 ID:2qj5US05
Some Japanese don't like Chinese,
last year Chinese people broke Consulate-General of Japan in Shanghai.
Many Japanese watched this video last year.
- 7 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 11:09:16 ID:s9zYuvdW
>Where should I go??
It depends what you wanna do in Japan.
If you wanna make a Japanese girlfriend, Just talk to girls.
(This is the easiest way to learn Japanese.)
- 8 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 12:23:12 ID:I9UiG6VG
- 9 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 12:28:56 ID:A8B2cq2r
Hi,John. I think that U had better go China, Japan and all sorts of countries.
- 10 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 12:49:53 ID:/lXvwB4g
- Why do you know 2ch?
- 11 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/07(金) 13:10:54 ID:6ua7kZG/
- #5 they went to Hiroshima, and Kyoto. i didn't go due to some unforeseen reasons.... i wanted to go sooooo bad!!!!
#7 hahaha, i dont wanna make a japanese girlfriends, because my japanese really sucks. the sentences i wrote in japanese probablly doesnt even make sense,
but it took me quite a bit to write it. and currently i'm occupied, :) so not looking for a gf in japan. dont worry.. haha
#9 i dont really get what you are trying to say at all. my japanese are not that good. so....
- 12 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/07(金) 13:15:05 ID:6ua7kZG/
- #10 lol, i saw 電車男. and that's a very funny tv series....
i laughed so hard when i saw it.... and that's how i know 2ch.net, apparently this is the biggest disscusion forum i ever seen.
none of the forum i usually go are nearly as big. haha, really easy for me to get lost! :)
- 13 ：北米生活板住人：2006/04/07(金) 13:26:29 ID:MrCKPE28
- 14 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 13:32:15 ID:ELTASrP5
- 15 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 13:44:31 ID:s9zYuvdW
John, Your Japanese writing is OK, You've just started to learn.
Everybody was a beginner. Don't worry :-)
But, You're little bit in "カテ違い"("カテ違い" means "wrong category")
This category is "overseas". So, you should make a thread in "Janan domestic trip".
- 16 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 13:45:59 ID:pw4zgi+C
- i sugest to go to tokyo and kyoto for first trip to japan like many tourists.
then it depends on time you have. if you stay more than 1 week,
you can go other cities like hiroshima as your friends,
mt.fuji, kyu-shu or some hot springs.
i can give more advices if you talk more about yourself, like what you like,
or what you are interested in... (art, music or whatelse)
- 17 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 13:51:55 ID:ELTASrP5
- .＿ ＿ ＿
| ||ﾞ|｝ |｢｝|'￣″ │ .r‐――¬'''''ﾞ|
| |ﾞl,,, .__,!.| 广''" .し,,-， ,,／
| "'''" .冖l| ￣￣| _／｀.,,／｀
| rｯｭ ｪ」ﾃ l',! l゜ .,／｀ .“ﾞ￣￣ﾞ'''-、
| |.|.|| ||.| | .|.| | | .,,,-'ﾆ二￣ﾞﾞﾞ'i､ ﾞl .,,,-､,,、
| と.l| |lﾞ`l| | | | ﾞ‐'ﾞ,ｒ'"｀,,,, ｀ヽ 丿 .│ ,lﾞ.r''''i､ﾞl
| |ﾆ,|,,,,,,|,,,,ﾘ | | | .| .!､,7 "′,,/ ﾞl.ヽ,ノ│
|＿＿＿＿＿_丿.|＿| ｀'-､＿__，―'"｀ ｀''ｰ''"
- 18 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 13:52:41 ID:s9zYuvdW
- 19 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/07(金) 14:08:50 ID:6ua7kZG/
- #14 thanks for protecting me?? lol, but is that you in #17? what do you mean by that?
#16 thanks for ur suggestions, FINALLY, someone is on-topic... haha, ya, my friends went to hiroshima and kyoto they said it was amazing!
they had so much fun and i saw some great pictures of japan. anyways, i like mountains, not necessarily tall, but natural. because i like photography, and i wanted something that shows the greatness of asian culture.
i like a ton of stuff... skiing(i guess i'm Canadian, ^_^) ice skating, triathlon, football. i'm not a art perosn except that i do photography.
it's very hard to decide and spend my time well in japan since i'm only planning to stay for a month. but i wanna get the most fun out of it!
- 20 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 14:23:24 ID:/lXvwB4g
- You saw 電車男's drama.
Are you Otaku?
How about this guide book?
it is likely to sell it also in Amazon in Canada.
- 21 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 14:31:53 ID:/lXvwB4g
- Though I am not well informed..
Otaku's comic market is done in summer.
There are a costume play year a lot.
However, it is a rumor of Otaku who doesn't step into a bath of smelling in the
(You might vomit....)
- 22 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/07(金) 14:41:52 ID:6ua7kZG/
- lol, hahahaha, i'm certainly not a anime maniac. in fact i dont like anything anime... sorry, just not interested. I saw 電車男 because it was recommanded by friends..
it was hilarious that's all..
WHAT?? a otaku NEVER took a shower? wow, that's pretty smelly....
anyways, MORE SUGGESTIONS PLZ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ thanks!!!!
- 23 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 15:03:41 ID:pw4zgi+C
how about is this? i thought a stay-plan for one month in japan;
1st week: tokyo erea
tokyo, nikko, kamakura... many cites to visit near to tokyo.
nikko and kamakura: you can go by one day trip, beautiful historical cities
2nd week: hokkaido
to ski (but you go in winter?), nature.
it's famous for it's snow quality, there are many australien tourists.
if you come in summer, you can go to okinawa and do some diving.
you'll have the most beautiful beach in japan.
3rd week: kansa-erea
in kyoto and nara, there are so many temples and shrines.
even one week is not enough to visit all but it will seem you all same after few days...??
then you can go to osaka.
4th week: south of japan?
when i have friends from overseas, i often bring them to onsen (hot spring)
with the view of mt fuji. very japanese atmosphere, view, meals... all of them loved it.
i highly recommend it.
- 24 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 15:19:03 ID:/lXvwB4g
- How about fireworks?It does a lot in summer.
It is a schedule.
- 25 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 15:28:17 ID:/lXvwB4g
- Schedule of summer festival
The festival(maturi,omaturi) has the stall.
It is good when reading by using here.
The frame of the orange at the center is a translation button.
- 26 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 15:36:34 ID:/lXvwB4g
- When you come to Japan,Please eat the junk food.
Taiyaki(It is sweet. )
- 27 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 15:58:02 ID:NMVH3Pxx
- 28 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 19:08:37 ID:iMPHXgJ5
- 29 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/07(金) 19:12:28 ID:ELTASrP5
- 30 ：age厨 ◆ocjYsEdUKc ：2006/04/08(土) 01:27:42 ID:Xhc+Va2d
- 31 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/09(日) 11:55:21 ID:N85YuFSE
- 32 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/09(日) 12:25:47 ID:l/TlbQ4M
- 33 ：age厨 ◆ocjYsEdUKc ：2006/04/10(月) 07:31:56 ID:V+UJE3nX
- 34 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/12(水) 02:52:12 ID:U/uHKUhk
- 35 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/12(水) 06:01:55 ID:Dw/9LUrf
- 36 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/12(水) 13:04:34 ID:8HOxvdvp
I want go canada.
- 37 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/12(水) 13:06:44 ID:8HOxvdvp
- 38 ：age厨 ◆ocjYsEdUKc ：2006/04/13(木) 02:39:28 ID:Xtoit7Ih
- 39 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/13(木) 11:53:19 ID:G1CuioKr
- #23, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!! they are definitely taken into consideration!! wow, i probably will visit the places that u mentioned. thanks again! by the way, your english is awesome!!! :)
#26, hahaha, there are japanese junk food? i thought Macdonalds are the biggest waste ever, but i guess there could be "japanese" junkfood as well, haha!
#31, ya, Sakura is very beautiful, i wish i can see it right now, but unfortuantely i'm only planning to visit in the summer time, so there is noway i could see it....
#35, sorry about breaking the rules here, i had no idea where i suppose to post my thread, plus my japanese isnt half as good as you are, so VERY VERY SORRY! :(
#36, SURE! why not! you HAVE to come in the winter times!!! it's usually around -35 plus windchill which equal to -40 or -50c. but there are sooooo many winter sports! you wont regret it for sure! :)
- 40 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/13(木) 13:29:09 ID:Xtoit7Ih
- 41 ：36：2006/04/13(木) 18:54:48 ID:yfIJ1WYW
Wow.....It most cold.....! ((((((；ﾟДﾟ))))))buruburu
But I just not hate cold.
Thank you for your advice.
The Christmas is delight in Canada ?
- 42 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/13(木) 23:09:27 ID:yj5N+Ui4
- Well, John, What is your purpose of coming to Japan?
Do you want an ordinary sightseeing trip?
If you want to experience real Japanese life, I recommend the following things.
Most of ordinary Japanese eat ramen often, and like it.
Ramen is originally made in China, but Japanese ramens are much different from Chinese noodle.
-Ride trains on rush hours.
Rush of train in Tokyo, specifically in the morning, is terrible!
Let's experience it.
-Go to a Comic Cafe (MANGA-KISSA)
A comic cafe is cafe, which you can read comics. Ordinal comic cafes in Japan have about ten or twenty thousand Japanese comics (including magazines, not only comic magazine).
If you couldn't recognize Japanese, you could feel Japanese culture.
How about the above?
- 43 ：異邦人さん：2006/04/14(金) 00:22:43 ID:x1EL2iCv
- 44 ：JohnGarry：2006/04/14(金) 14:40:40 ID:3qV0ZJAs
- #41, ya ^_^! the xmas here in Canada is awesome, i can say its the best times if you have families and friends here, because there is hardly anyone on the streets around xmas time.
unlike japan, where you can see tons of people around holidays, i guess its a culture difference.
we usually tend to stay home for holidays. but you still can enjoy the purity of snow and the jingle-bells music while you walking down the cold street... :)
#42, my purpose is just a ordinary relaxing trip, away from schools and work....
i just needed some place for myself, that i can actually enjoy, and i find that asian culture is the most myserious and great! so that's why i'm going to China afterwards.
YOUR ENGLISH IS AWESOME! do you teach english or something? :)
- 45 ：停止しました。。。：停止
read.cgi ver 05.02.02 2014/06/23 Mango Mangüé ★
FOX ★ DSO(Dynamic Shared Object)